I don’t usually share too much of my personal, day-to-day information online. Today I’m going to make an exception. Why? Because I think it’s important to remember that we’re all human, we all have ups and downs and we all have great and awful times.
My life isn’t much different than yours. I love reading. I love my family. I’m a total geek who loves food and playing with the grandbabies.
I’m also SO happy that 2016 is almost over!
I lost my job earlier this year. It was a horrible and completely unexpected situation. It was the first time in almost 20 years that I didn’t have a day job to fall back on and we almost lost everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. I was totally stressed and while I love writing, it doesn’t pay the bills, so a day job is important for my, and my family’s sanity.
I did a lot of talking to myself this year:
- “Yo, T.J., don’t flip your wig woman. Things will work out!”
- “Hey you, uh, I mean me, keep a positive outlook. The money will come. You will pay your mortgage. Everyone will eat and the lights will stay on, damn it!”
- “Don’t worry about your family. They will leave the house and return again safely.”
- “Have faith in humanity! Not everyone is shortsighted and full of hate.”
- “Not all of your favorite musicians and actors are dying this year! Relax!”
And it went on and on. Needless to say, this year has sucked in so many ways that I’m seriously counting down the days to next year. Oh, and I’m not even going to get into the nutball politics this year. I’m glad to say that I didn’t think I’d be motivated to write a single thing, but that’s changing and the plot bunnies are hopping around like crazy *YAY!*
Also to celebrate the landing of a new day job, we are going to feast like there is no tomorrow. This is part of the plan. Ever had it? If so, share your favorite recipe for…PORCHETTA! Click the picture to hop to the recipe.
Oh, and 2017, hurry up already.