The last time I traveled to the East Coast, a friend of mine produced a little piece of paper that contained the true path to Heaven.
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, on that piece of paper was a recipe…for BACON CRACK! I kid you not! A mix of sweet, salty and that hickory smoked flavor that can only be found in bacon. I’m totally going to make this. If you beat me to it, let me know how yours turns out.
Maple Caramel Bacon Crack
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 1 container of Pillsbury Crescent Dough Sheet..or regular Crescent Dough with seams pinched together
- 1 lb. Bacon..cooked semi-crispy.
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup (just use a light layer onto the Dough, and then a light layer onto the top of the Bacon and that’s it!)
- 1 pinch of Cayenne Pepper..optional, but AMAZING!
- Lay out the dough spread out thinly, on a parchment lined baking sheet. With a fork, gently poke shallow holes throughout the dough
- Top the dough with a thin layer of Maple Syrup, and all the crispy Bacon.
- Now add another thin layer of the Syrup onto the Bacon and cover it with all of the Brown Sugar/Cayenne Pepper mix.
- Bake it at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes or until evenly golden
- Peek in on it now and then so it doesn’t over-bake.
- Let it cool for at least 15 minutes, it will crisp up as it cools
- Use a knife to gently cut it into pieces!