I’m thrilled to be moderating a panel at UniversalFanCon this year! Join us on the first day of the con, April 27th for…
YOU SEXY THING!
Panel Description: Sure geeks are universal…but so is romance. Many think that just because we’re nerds that we’re not interested in, or good at, all things smexy. But that’s just not true. After all, GEEK isn’t the only thing that’s universal. Sex is as universal as it gets. Every person on Earth got here through sex. And when it comes to CONSENSUAL good sex, there are more humans chasing it than running from it. Show me a person who denies this, and we’ll sell you a bridge in Greenland that’s lined with emeralds and your own personal crew waiting to sing ‘We’re off to see the wizard!’ in five-part harmony.
When we sit down to read we want to escape, yet have enough reality where we can see ourselves in the story. So why aren’t there extraordinary books out there starring the geek of your dreams? There are. And there are a lot of them. However, if you’re not sure where or how to come by these marvelous works of art, come to our panel and talk to the authors who create them. That’s right, we’ve got you.
This panel covers:
1) Worldbuilding (all genres, from contemporary to sci-fi to fantasy)
2) How kinky can geeks get? (BDSM romance)
3) Flipping for badass gods, faeries, angels, etc. (Fantasy romance)
4) Comic/Video game genres (wrapping games & romance together)
5) Da skilled lovers (writing scenes: realistic or ridiculous?)
6) Fang-banging, video gaming romance (speaks for itself, doesn’t it?)
7) Can we have it all? YES! (Multi-cultural, interracial, LGBT romance)
From books to the big screen, geeky sex equals…shiny! (Firefly/sci-fi romance)